Vegetarian Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serves 4 | Total Time: 1 hour
This light and refressing faro salad can be served as a main course of side with a juicy steak. Let the market dictate the vegetables you use by what is in season at the time.
- 4 Bell Peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 pint Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 can (14-ounce) Tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups Wild Rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 1 cup fresh Spinach
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
Cut the tops off the bell peppers and seed them. Place bell peppers in your grill over indirect heat and cook for 15 minutes.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. When the oil is hot add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, rice and Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove stuffing mix from the heat and add spinach.
Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
Remove the bell peppers from the grill and fill with stuffing. Top each bell pepper with ¼ of the bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture.
Return the stuffed bell peppers to the grill and grill over indirect heat for an additional 15 minutes.