Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille
Serves 12 | Total Time: 45 mins
This light and refressing faro salad can be served as a main course of side with a juicy steak. Let the market dictate the vegetables you use by what is in season at the time.
- 1 Zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Yellow Squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Eggplant, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 Red Onion, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, quartered and seeded
- 2 (8-oz.) packages Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- ⅔ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Oregano Leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Toss vegetables and ½ cup olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and toss to coat.
Grill cut vegetables and mushrooms, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill tomatoes for 4 minutes, turning occasionally.
Coarsely chop vegetables, and place in a large bowl. Add remaining oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt, and garlic; toss gently.
Serve at room temperature.