Makes approximately 3 Cups | Total Time: 20 mins
A simple version of a classic Kansas City style BBQ Sauce Recipe that packs a little sweet and a little heat. Great on ribs, chicken and brisket!
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hickory flavored Liquid Smoke
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Celery Seed
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
Place a medium sized pot on the stove over medium heat and add the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and brown sugar. Mix well with a whisk and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
Add the salt, celery seed, cumin, garlic, black pepper, red pepper and chipotle chile and mix well. Bring sauce to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
Pour cooked sauce into a mason jar and refrigerate.