Serves 12 | Total Time: 24 hours 30 mins
Try this chilled bean salad as a substitute to traditional BBQ Baked Beans at your next BBQ. Fresh and crisp it is a great side dish for those hot summer months!
- 2 cans Black-Eyed Peas, drained
- ⅔ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Yellow, Red or Orange Bell Peppers, diced
- ⅓ cup Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 4 Tablespoons Cilantro, chipped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
In a container with a tight-fitting lid combine the black-eyed peas, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, yellow onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and seal tightly. Stir the black-eyed pea mixture every 8 hours for 24 hours. When ready to serve, let mixed ingredients come to room temperature, then add cilantro and season with salt and pepper.