Restaurants & Catering
Restaurants & Catering
Pork Barrel BBQ Restaurant – Del Ray 2312 Mt. Vernon Ave. Alexandria, VA 22301 (703) 822-5699
All-American Spice Rub and you’ll find our national award winning line of BBQ sauces on the tables (Original, Sweet, Mustard, & Carolina Vinegar). We offer a line-up of both traditional and unique sides to go with our award winning barbecue meats, including coleslaw, potato salad, collard greens, baked beans, mac and cheese and Texas caviar. Grab an ice cold bottle of soda from our vintage and regional soda trough or a draft or micro-brew from our beautiful Brazilian soap stone bar.
Come on in and order from our walk-up butcher station for dine-in or take-out service or have a seat at the bar for full-service. We look forward to you becoming a part of our barbecue community and visiting us for lunch or dinner soon!
Pork Barrel BBQ Restaurant – Alexandria, VA (Del Ray)
Restaurant Hours (Dine-In and Take-Out):
Monday – Saturday 11:30am – 10:00pm Sunday 11:30am – 9:00pm
Sunday – Thursday 11:30am – 12:30am Friday – Saturday 11:30am – 1:30am
Catering Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pork Barrel BBQ CateringOur national award winning BBQ is the best in Washington, D.C. and perfect for any occasion. We’re ready to cater your business lunch, neighborhood party, wedding, class reunion, family reunion, tailgate party, graduation party, corporate event, holiday party, church picnic, birthday party and just about anything else you can think of. Let us help make your event a lip smackin' smokin’ good time!
The Story of Pork Barrel BBQ Restaurant – Del RayThe Washington, D.C. area had waited for years for award winning authentic barbecue and we were thrilled to announce on August 31, 2009, that Pork Barrel BBQ had formed a partnership with “Mango” Mike Anderson and Bill Blackburn, two of the Washington, D.C. areas top restaurateurs, to open the first Pork Barrel BBQ Restaurant in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia. Over the next two years we perfected the menu and constructed one of the most welcoming barbecue joints you’ll every step foot in. Pork Barrel BBQ officially opened on November 29, 2011 to long lines and rave reviews at 2312 Mt. Vernon Avenue in Alexandria, Virginia. [rev_slider slider11] Since our smoker was fired up we’ve received rave reviews from customers and critics alike. Here’s some of the things those customers and critics have been saying.
- Food & Wine Magazine – “Pork Barrel BBQ is known for amazing smoked brisket.”
- The Washington Post – “Go for the St. Louis pork ribs, admirable for their well-seasoned meat that falls off the bone at the touch of your teeth. The slab is best eaten in the company of the terrific coleslaw, punched up with bell pepper, and creamy macaroni and cheese that comes with a kick from chipotle and jalapeno.”
- Zagat – “Two former Senate staffers-turned-national BBQ champs run this Del Ray smoker dispensing ‘good Southern BBQ with some very tasty sides’…”
- Cloture Club – “If you’re missing mid-western BBQ, we highly recommend you check out Pork Barrel BBQ.”
- @DIYDelRay – “Only thing getting me through this rainy day is thinking about @porkbarrelbbq for dinner tonight. #yum.”
- Dequello BBQ – “Good BBQ is about properly smoked meat, and this is where Pork Barrel BBQ really stands apart from would-be competitors. Brisket was moist, with a nice smoke ring and just tender enough that it holds together without crumbling…Pork was also tender and moist. But my favorite meat offering was the smoked sausage, which had just the right amount of spice and was very juicy.”
- @KateOH – “Had an awesome dinner @porkbarrelbbq…Stuffed with yumm in Alexandria, VA!”
- @mlswann – “I come from the BBQ capital of Lex NC so I don’t say this lightly, @porkbarrelbbq is AWESOME. Run don’t walk to Del Ray! #stillfull #soyum.
- Nick Ruggiero – “Awesome food!!! I grew up in NYC and was dying for a great place to eat in Alexandria, and now IT’S HERE!! Anyone that’s waiting to come enjoy this food – STOP WAITING! PS: try the Mac and Cheese. Yumee.”• @Nat_225 – “Went to the new @porkbarrelbbq in Del Ray. Holy #brisket it was delicious (and I have high Texas BBQ standards)!!”
- @DCEmpanadas – “Had dinner @PBBBQDelRay ribs, chicken & sausage were AMAXING! Sides: Loved baked beans & potato salad can’t wait to go back with @bbqbusdc.”
- @babylonia – “@joebondi @PBBBQDelRay aaaand have just emerged from food coma. Magical illegal substance-good. Get the macNcheese. Did I detect jalapenos?”
- Eric Horton – I brought 8 people w/me last night to try the food…PB BBQ has 8 new regulars. Food was off the chain. Spread the word! Ther’s finally great BBQ in OVA!!!
- @jhatt – “@PBBQDelRay great pulled pork sandwich and the mac and cheese was #awexome can’t wait for my next visit. #yum”
- Grilling with Rich – “Not only was the food amazing and true to barbecue, the dining atmosphere was a place where I can see myself spending countless hours during the weekend watching the latest football game or even baseball game during the summer. The Restaurant was open and inviting and carried the vision of a true barbecue experience.”
- @delraytaco – “Wow. Just had killer Pulled Pork Sandwich from @PBBQDelRay. Thought I was in Carolina for a minute.”
- @ScottGKraft – “Made it over to the @porkbarrelbbq new restaurant in Del Ray. Awesome meal…great new neighbor.”
- @LenPanek – “Still thinking about the brisket I had at @PorkBarrelBBQ. Everything I had was fantastic…I will definitely be a regular…Great job!”
- Paul Vogel – “Wow! I am stuffed! You guys are doing BBQ like you’ve done it for 45 years!
- Suburban Food Nerd – “The pulled pork stands on its own. The meat is tender, juicy, slightly smoky and beautifully pulled into bite size morsels. It is not overly seasoned as some BBQ can be, allowing the inherent porkyness of the meat to shine.”
- @MrChristianJosi – “@pbbbqdelray good lord you guys – was expecting this sh*t to be good. Was not expecting LIFE CHANGING BBQ!”
- @msjgirl21 – “Great BBQ! Best in the area. I could eat a whole tub of your Collard Greens!”
Don’t forget to visit our other restaurants when you are in the Washington, D.C. area!