Serves 4 | Total Time: 1 hour
If you’re looking to do something different the next time you grill try this healthy and delicious fish dish that will have your friends and family asking why you haven’t been grilling fish more often!
- ⅓ cup fresh Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon Serrano Chili, seeded and minced
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 dried Hot Red Chile, seeded and crushed
- 2 (2-pound) Red Snappers, scaled & cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 Lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- Cooking Spray
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
To prepare the sauce, combine orange juice, water, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, grated garlic, Serrano chili, Sriracha, honey and red chile in a bowl and sit to the side.
To prepare the fish, score each fish with 3 diagonal cuts on both sides and brush the outside of the fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub. Slice lemon and garlic slices into the cuts and place any remaining lemon or garlic inside the cavity of the fish. Spray outside of fish with cooking spray.
Place the fish on the grill and cook over indirect heat for 30-40 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Do not turn the fish over during cooking.
Serve fish with Citrus-Ginger Hot Sauce.