Farro Salad With Grilled Vegetables
Serves 6 | Total Time: 1 hour
This light and refressing faro salad can be served as a main course of side with a juicy steak. Let the market dictate the vegetables you use by what is in season at the time.
- 1 ½ cups Farro
- 1 Zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Yellow Squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Eggplant, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 Red Onion, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Oregano Leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and lightly salt. Cook faro in the pot until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and place the faro in a large bowl.
While the faro is cooking toss zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes in ¼ cup of olive oil in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub to coat.
Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill tomatoes for 4 minutes, turning occasionally.
Coarsely chop vegetables, and place with the tomatoes in the bowl with the farro. Add vinegar, basil, oregano, salt, and garlic; toss gently.
Serve warm or at room temperature.