Vidalia Onion & Peach Relish
This versatile relish is great all year long. In the summer top a hot dog straight off the grill. In winter try it with a steaming hot bowl of ham and beans. At your next party try it on top of cream cheese for a great cracker dip.
Write a review
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Gin
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 Bay Leaves, crushed
- 3 pounds Vidalia Onions, finely chopped
- 3 pounds fresh Peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Bring a canner half-full with water to a boil then drop to a simmer.
- Place 10 (8 ounce) jars in a large stockpot and add water to cover and bring to a boil then drop to a simmer. Remove hot jars with a jar lifter.
- Place jar bands and lids in a large saucepan and add water to cover and bring to a boil then drop to a simmer. Remove bands and lids with tongs.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven bring sugar, apple cider vinegar, gin, kosher salt, mustard seeds, Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub, celery salt, crushed red pepper, bay leaves and 2 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add Vidalia onions, peaches, and garlic and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour Vidalia onion peach mixture into the hot jars, filling to ½ inch from the top. Remove any air bubbles that form and wipe the rims of the jars clean. Cover immediately with lids and bands and place jars in canning rack and place in simmering water in canner. Add additional boiling water as needed to cover the tops of the jars by 2 inches. Bring water to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let jars stand in the water for an additional 5 minutes. Remove jars from the canner and let rest at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Test the seal of each jar by pressing down on the center of each lid. If the lids do not pop the jars are correctly sealed. Store in a dark place for up to 1 year.
- 10 8-ounce Jars
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/