Vegetarian Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers
These vegetarian stuffed bell peppers are packed with fresh veggies and are a great alternative to a juicy steak for meat eaters or a go to standard for vegetarians. Use different colored bell peppers to create a stunning presentation.
Write a review
- 4 Bell Peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 pint Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 can (14-ounce) Tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups Wild Rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 1 cup fresh Spinach
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and seed them. Place bell peppers in your grill over indirect heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. When the oil is hot add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, rice and Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove stuffing mix from the heat and add spinach.
- Mike the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Remove the bell peppers from the grill and fill with stuffing. Top each bell pepper with ¼ of the bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Return the stuffed bell peppers to the grill and grill over indirect heat for an additional 15 minutes.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/