Pizza Pizza – these words might make you think about Pizza Hut, Dominos Pizza, Papa Johns, and within seconds place a call for delivery pizza. Stop, take a breath – now think about this – pulling a perfectly cooked pizza pie off your Weber and serving it to friends and family. Yeah, that sounds better – lets do that! Here’s a simple recipe for our friend Jackie on how to cook one on your Weber grill. Best of all, it doesn’t take any expensive outdoor woodburning ovens, cooking stones or tools, just a few bucks, 45 minutes and perfection!
Barbeque Pizza Recipe on the Weber
- 2 store bought fresh Pizza Crusts (usually costs $0.99 at your local Safeway, Whole Foods, Trader Joes – you can make your own, but who has the time?)
- Olive Oil
- Pork Barrel BBQ Original or Sweet Sauce (or if you are a traditionalist, you can use tomato sauce)
- 1 cup Cheese (we like a mix of mozzarella, provolone)
- Pizza Toppings (we love pepperoni, hamburger, sausage, ham and BACON)
1. Light your Charcoal Chimney (we prefer lump hardwood) or Weber Gas Grill – allow 15 minutes to come to 350 degrees
2. Dump Coals into your Weber Kettle or Genesis Gas Grill
3. Stretch your pie dough into 12 inch pizza shapes
4. Rub 1 tbsp olive oil onto top of crust
5. MAJOR TIP: Place crust on grill directly over flame for 18 seconds to set the crust – remove immediately or it will burn! Trust me – its 18 seconds!
6. Place Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce, Cheese and other toppings onto crust
7. Return to Grill – use indirect cooking – place crust in section of grill with no flame for 12-14 minutes – turn once during cooking.
8. Pull off and enjoy! An easy barbecue pizza recipe – no need to ever call Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa Johns again!