Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken & Coconut Soup
Looking for a new way to use that left over chicken from Sunday’s whole grilled chicken or for a new use of those boneless skinless chicken breasts in your freezer? Give this quick and delicious Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken & Coconut Soup a try!
Write a review
- 3 Chicken Breasts, grilled & shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pint Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, halved lengthwise and cut in half
- 2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 32oz. box of Chicken Stock
- 1 13.5oz can of Coconut Milk
- 4 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Green Onions, sliced into ¼-rounds
- Heat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat. While the grill is warming up rub chicken with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with the Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub. Once grill is warm grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165° and shred.
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook for 5 minutes. Add the Sriracha and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and drop to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add grilled chicken, lime zest and lime juice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the 4 lemongrass stalks and add the cilantro and green onions and serve.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/