Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
These Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes make an excellent side for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal and pair perfectly with a grilled steak. Don’t like Gouda? Try it with smoked cheddar cheese.
Write a review
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream, plus more if needed
- ¾ pound Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- Place the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender; 15-20 minutes. Drain the cooked potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and add the butter, heavy cream, smoked Gouda cheese and Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub. Mash the potatoes, stirring to incorporate the ingredients together.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/