Smoked Chicken Minestrone
There isn't anything more versatile than left over chicken. Try this hearty soup next time you have some leftover chicken from the smoker, it’s healthy and sure to be a family favorite.
Write a review
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 can (15oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Orecchiette Pasta Shells
- 4 Carrots, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 Parmesan Cheese Rind
- 4 cups Tuscan Kale, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 can (15.5oz) Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups Smoked Chicken, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook for 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, carrots and Parmesan Rind and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add Kale, zucchini and Cannellini beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked chicken and cook for 5 minutes and season with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub.
- Remove the Parmesan rinds before serving. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/