Pork Barrel BBQ 10 Grilling Tips For 2011!!
It’s a new year and all of us at Pork Barrel BBQ hope one of your New Years Resolutions is to barbecue and grill more in 2011. Here is a list of 10 of our favorite grilling tips that we hope you’ll use in 2011!!
- Keep Your Grill Clean – Brush grill grates with a wire grill brush to remove any food stuck on them.
- Use The Right Charcoal – Use 100% hardwood charcoal, in lump or briquette form to add the best flavor to your food.
- Start Your Fire Right – Never use lighter fluid to start your fire, instead use a charcoal chimney.
- Turn Up The Heat – Preheat your grill and get it hot to prevent food from sticking to your grill grates.
- Rub Gently – Rubs (like our Pork Barrel BBQ All America Spice Rub) are a great way to add flavor to your food, but be gentle when rubbing meats so you don’t over season or ruin the texture of the meat.
- Don’t Crowd Your Grill – Leave enough space around each piece of food to allow for even cooking.
- Don’t Play With Your Food – Only turn meat once.
- Don’t Burn Your Meat – To prevent your meat from burning, only apply sweet sauces (like Pork Barrel BBQ’s Sweet BBQ Sauce) that contain brown sugar, honey or molasses to meat during the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let Your Food Rest – Don’t immediately cut into meat once you take it off the grill. Allow it to rest so you don’t loose all the juices when you cut it.
- Share – Whether your grilling, smoking or barbecuing, it is always better with friends and family!!