MAC & SMOKED CHEESE
Try this smoky twist on an old classic with the addition of three different smoked cheeses! Nothing warms your soul on a cold winter night like the warmth from all kinds of melty cheesy goodness!
Write a review
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 3 cups Rustic Breadcrumbs, coarse crumbs
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Flour
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- ½ White Onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 6 ounces Smoked Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Smoked Gouda Cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Smoked Mozzarella, grated
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the macaroni. Drain the macaroni when it is just becoming al dente and toss with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add garlic, pinch of salt and the breadcrumbs. Cook, tossing frequently, until the breadcrumbs are a light brown. Once lightly browned set aside to cool.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and constantly for 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the milk then add onion, smoked paprika, Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub, chipotle peppers, and nutmeg. Simmer and whisk occasionally until mixture begins to thicken. Once it begins to thicken whisk in the smoked cheddar, smoked gouda and smoked mozzarella, stirring to incorporate into the sauce.
- Stir the macaroni into the sauce then pour into a large baking dish that has been greased. Sprinkle breadcurmbs on top of the macaroni..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until you see bubbling on the edges and the breadcrumbs are becoming browned.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/