Grilled Rosemary Lemon Poussin
Next time you plan on grilling chicken give Poussin (or young chickens) a try. These young chickens are moist and tender and this recipe packs them with flavor!
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 4 Poussin
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Lemon
- 3 springs Rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 1 bottle Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce (Original, Sweet or Mustard)
- In a small bowl create your wet rub by mixing 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, the juice of the lemon and the rosemary and garlic. Set wet rub aside.
- Place the poussin on a cookie sheet and pat the meat dry with a paper towel. Gently pull the skin from the meat of the poussin to create a cavity and rub ¼ of the wet rub into the poussin’s cavity, covering all exposed meat. Rub ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on to each poussin, covering the entire surface of the skin. Rub 1 ½ tablespoons of Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub onto each poussin. Cover the poussin with aluminum foil and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) while the poussin is resting.
- Place the poussin over indirect heat and cook to a temperature of 165°, about 30-35 minutes. Once the poussin has reached 165°, remove from the grill and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Pork Barrel BBQ Original, Sweet or Mustard BBQ Sauce.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/