Grilled Peach Smokjito
This grilled peach mojito uses the freshest of summer ingredients and the grill to turn a good drink into a great drink. The caramelization of the sugars in the peaches pair great with the freshness of the mint and leave you with a refreshing summer cocktail. Leave the rum out for a great non-alcoholic summer drink.
Write a review
- 8 ripe Peaches, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated Lime Peel
- 1 cup fresh Lime Juice (about 4 large limes)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup packed Mint Leaves
- 4 cups Lemon-Lime Soda, chilled
- 2 cups White Rum
- Crushed Ice
- Mint Springs
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Cut 8 peaches in half and grill cut side down with the grill lid on for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove peaches from the grill and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from 7 of the peaches and cut into 1-inch pieces and place in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour peach puree through a strainer into a bowl and throw away solids. Cut remaining peach into wedges.
- In a large pitcher combine the lime peel, lime juice, sugar and mint leaves and crush well with a muddler. Add the peach puree, lemon-lime soda, and rum. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour peach mojito mixture over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs and grilled peach wedges.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/