GRILLED CORN & CRAB CHOWDER
Fresh corn and sweet crab make this chowder a can’t miss hit in the summer. In the winter substitute frozen corn kernels for a hearty soup that will keep you warm while you’re dreaming about summer!
Write a review
- ½ pound Bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 5 Red Potatoes, diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, diced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Bay Leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 Tablespoon
- Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Seafood or Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups Milk
- 8 ears of Corn, (about 3 cups of kernels)
- 8 ounces Lump Crab Meat
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Soak the corn in water for 15 minutes. Grill corn, with grill lid down for 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Let corn cool for 10 minutes. Hold each ear of corn upright on a cutting board and carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from the cob.
- While the corn is grilling mince the garlic and dice the potatoes, celery, onion and bell pepper.
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat and cook bacon. Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel and pour out ¾ of bacon grease from pot. Add the olive oil and butter and place garlic, potatoes, celery, onion and bell pepper in the pot. Add bay leaves and
- All-American Spice Rub, and sauté for 7 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Stir in stock and milk and bring to a slow boil. Add the corn and crab meat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add bacon and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10 Cups
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/