Grilled BLT Salad With Horseradish Vinaigrette
The BLT is one of our favorite sandwiches. This recipe takes elements of the classic BLT and turns it into a great entrée salad.
Write a review
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Romaine Hearts, halved lengthwise
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ pound Bacon
- ½ loaf Italian Bread
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
- For dressing, pour the red wine vinegar, horseradish and garlic in a blender. With the blender running, gradually add ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil in a slow steady stream and blend until well combined, then add heavy cream. Season dressing with salt, pepper and more vinegar and horseradish if desired.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel to drain and crumble into 1-inch pieces.
- Season whole cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and grill over direct heat for 3 minutes and remove from grill.
- Cut bread into ½ inch slices and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat on grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut romaine heats in half and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Place lettuce cut side down on the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until char marks appear.
- Serve family style by placing the four romaine halves on a large tray. Evenly place tomatoes, bread and bacon on the four halves. Drizzle with horseradish vinaigrette.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/