Grilled Apple Crisp
Pork Barrel BBQ Grilled Apple Crisp
Write a review
- 8 tart Apples, peeled & sliced
- 1 Tablespoon pure Vanilla
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and nutmeg. Cut in butter (butter must be cold to do this) and mix until oat mixture is crumbly.
- Peel and cut the apples and place in a disposable aluminum half pan. Drizzle the pure vanilla over the apples and sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples.
- Seal the aluminum pan tightly with aluminum foil and place on the grill over indirect heat and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/