Green Chili Frito Pie
One of our favorite comfort foods is chili and serving it over Fritos just makes it that much better. Try this Green Chili Frito Pie on game day or for a quick and hearty weeknight meal.
Write a review
- 6 ears Corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 pound Chorizo Sausage links
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 16oz. jar Salsa Verde
- 1 4.5oz. can Green Chilies
- 1 16oz. can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 1 large bag Fritos Corn Chips
- 1 ½ cups Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Avocado, diced
- 1 cup Tomato Salsas
- Grill corn over a charcoal fire for 7 minutes charring kernels. Remove corn and let cool. Once the corn is cool cut the kernels from the ears of corn.
- Grill chorizo sausage links over a charcoal fire for 7-10 minutes, until cooked. Remove the chorizo from the grill and rough chop it into bite size pieces.
- In a skillet saute heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté onions and garlic over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and cumin and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in salsa verde, green chilies, and beans and cook for 7 minutes. Stir in corn and chorizo sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in lime zest and juice and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of Fritos in each bowl and pour chili over them. Top chili with cheese, cilantro, avocado and tomato salsa and serve.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/