If you’re looking for a crisp and refreshing salad for your next picnic give our Cucumber Salad a try. It’s simple, tasty and healthy!
Write a review
- 6 large Cucumbers, seeded and thinly sliced into half rounds
- 2 Red Onions, thinly sliced into half rounds
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Celery Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup White Vinegar
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- Slice cucumbers in half, remove seeds, and thinly slice into thin half rounds. Cut red onions in half, peel and thinly slice into thin half rounds. Toss cucumbers and red onions well in a non-reactive container with a tight lid.
- In a bowl, pour sugar, salt, mustard, celery seeds, black pepper and vinegar. Whisk in canola oil until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over cucumbers and onions and toss to coat.
- Cover cucumber salad and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to bleed into the cucumbers and red onions.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/