Charred Tomato Salsa
This quick and easy Charred Tomato Salsa is as good as or better than anything you’ll find at the local grocery store. It is great as a salsa for chips and salsa or as a condiment for tacos or grilled steak or chicken.
Write a review
- 7 ripe Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small Red Onion, cut into ½ inch rounds
- 2 Serrano Chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- 2 Limes, Zest and Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Tortilla Chips
- Cut the tomatoes in half and brush with olive oil and season with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and grill over direct heat for about 10 minutes. Cut the onion in ½ inch slices and brush with olive oil and season with Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub and grill over direct heat for 2 minutes per side.
- In a blender, combine the grilled tomato, garlic, grilled onion, Serrano chilies, chipotle chilies, lime zest and juice and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with tortilla chips.
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/