Charred Guacamole With Grilled Corn
Take guacamole to the next level with this charred version with grilled corn. Perfect served with tortilla chips or tortillas at the big game or on top of perfectly cooked steak, chicken or seafood, or as a burger condiment. This guacamole will have you coming back for seconds!
Write a review
- 2 ears fresh Corn, husks removed
- 1 small Red Onion, cut into 1/2 –inch-thick slices
- 3 Avocados, halved
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Spice Rub, divided
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Brush ears of corn, onion slices, and cut sides of the avocados with olive oil; sprinkle with 1 tsp. of All-American Spice Rub. Grill corn, with grill lid down for 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. At the same time, grill onions, with grill lid down for 4 minutes on each side. Grill avocado, cut side down, with grill lid down, for 3 minutes. Remove from grill and let corn, onions and avocado cool.
- Hold each ear of corn upright on a cutting board and carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from the cob. Add kernels to a bowl and discard cobs. Dice grilled onions and avocado and add to bowl. Place remaining ¼ tsp. All-American Spice Rub, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic in the bowl and mash mixture with a fork or potato masher leaving mixture chunky.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, tortillas or on top of beef, chicken or seafood.
- 3 - 3.5 Cups
Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce | Barbeque Sauce and Dry Rubs http://porkbarrelbbq.com/